- The 2021 Leadership Lafayette application can be found online.
- Applications are currently available and are due no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- Candidates will be notified by email of their selection status by mid-December.
- The Leadership Lafayette program will run from February 2021 through October 2021. A full list of program dates is below. Part of the application process is confirming you are able to commit to the full program year.
- For questions about the process, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, October 20 at 12:00 pm
- Thursday, October 22 at 8:30 am
- Wednesday, October 28 at 10:00 am
- Monday, November 9 at 5:30 pm
The Selection Committee is made up of a diverse group of Leadership Lafayette alumni who remain anonymous during the process. When the committee selects each group of 30+ participants, they consider the following:
- Applicants should live or work in the Lafayette area
- Applicants must have the full support of the organization for whom the applicant works
- Applicants must be willing and able to commit to the mandatory retreat and the time necessary to complete the program
- Ideal candidates will also display:
- A commitment to expand and further develop their leadership skills and to increase their civic and community involvement
- A willingness to explore different experiences and points of view
- A commitment to using the Leadership Lafayette experience for the long-term benefit of the community
- In addition, the Selection Committee focuses on building a diverse cohort to ensure broad representation from a variety of occupational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, as well as geographic areas and community interests
- Read through the full application and dedicate time to respond to the essay questions.
- Download the commitment statement. Review the policies, sign, and get your employer’s signature. Full support from your employer is a program requirement.
- If applicable, complete the tuition assistance request form.
- Submit your completed online application by Monday, November 30 at 5:00 pm. Pay the $30 application fee via credit card to complete the application.
- Register for a recruitment webinar and/or schedule a 15-minute call with the program director to discuss the 2021 program changes.
- To increase your knowledge of Leadership Lafayette, review the website, read our application packet (commitment statement), attend a recruitment webinar, and/or meet with a Leadership Lafayette graduate.
- Be specific in your responses. Typically, the more specific you are, the better the selections team understands your intent.
- Make sure you are answering the question being asked. Some of the essay prompts have multiple parts. Make sure to respond to every part of the question.
- Devote adequate time to your written application. Find someone you trust to review your application and provide feedback.
- Be authentic. The selections committee looks to create a diverse cohort with a variety of interests and experiences.
Orientation: February 11, 2021
LIA Annual Meeting: TBA
Two-day opening retreat: February 21-22, 2021 (overnight in Loranger, LA)
8 full-day sessions: (Generally from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm unless otherwise noted)
- Friday, March 12, 2021
- Friday, April 9, 2021
- May TBD, 2021 (Date to be announced around State Policy trip; travel to Baton Rouge)
- Friday, June 11, 2021
- Friday, July 16, 2021
- Friday, August 13, 2021
- Friday, September 10, 2021
- Friday, October 8, 2021
Closing Retreat: Friday, October 29, 2021
Tuition for the 2021 program year is $2000 per participant and covers all program costs and materials, including meals, lodging, and other costs associated with programming. Tuition is non-refundable and is payable in full at time of acceptance unless other arrangements are coordinated with the program director.
LIA has a tuition assistance fund available to those who demonstrate financial need. Requests for tuition assistance must be submitted by Monday, November 30, 2020, along with the application. No tuition assistance requests will be accepted after the application deadline.
Requests for assistance will be kept confidential. Tuition assistance requests and applications for admission to the Class of 2021 are considered independently.
Please contact email@example.com for questions or more information.