- The 2020 Leadership Lafayette application can be found online.
- Applications are currently available and are due no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, November 1, 2019.
- Candidates will be notified by email of their selection status by early December.
- The Leadership Lafayette program runs from January 2020 through November 2020. A full list of program dates is below. Part of the application process is confirming you are able to commit to the full program year.
- For questions about the process, email email@example.com
The Selection Committee is made up of a diverse group of Leadership Lafayette alumni who remain anonymous during the process. Confidential applications allow the Selection Committee to gauge applicants’ prior involvement in the community and potential fit in the Leadership Lafayette program.
When the committee selects each group of 30+ participants, they consider the following:
- Applicants should live or work in the Lafayette area
- Applicants must have the full support of the organization for whom the applicant works
- Applicants must be willing and able to commit to the mandatory retreat and the time necessary to complete the program
- Ideal candidates will also display:
- A commitment to expand and further develop their leadership skills and to increase their civic and community involvement
- A willingness to explore different experiences and points of view
- A commitment to using the Leadership Lafayette experience for the long-term benefit of the community
- In addition, the Selection Committee focuses on building a diverse cohort to ensure broad representation from a variety of occupational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, as well as geographic areas and community interests
- Review the Application Preview to begin preparing your application by gathering necessary documents and preparing your essay responses.
- Download the Commitment Statement. Review the policies, sign, and get your employer’s signature. Full support from your employee is a program requirement.
- If applicable, complete the tuition assistance request form.
- Complete online application. Pay $30 application fee via credit card before submitting.
**Note that the program calendar was updated on 9/10/10. Ensure that you have the most current commitment statement.
Orientation and Happy Hour: January 23, 2020
LIA Annual Meeting: TBA
Two-day opening retreat: February 9-10, 2020
9 full-day sessions: (Generally from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm unless otherwise noted)
- Friday, March 6, 2020
- Friday, April 3, 2020
- *Tuesday, May 5, 2020 (Travel to Baton Rouge for State Government Session)
- Friday, June 5, 2020
- Friday, July 10, 2020
- Friday, August 14, 2020
- Friday, September 11, 2020
- Friday, October 9, 2020
- Friday, November 13, 2020
Graduation: Thursday, November 19, 2020
Tuition for Leadership Lafayette is $2,000.
Selection to Leadership Lafayette is made without regard to an applicant’s financial circumstances. To ensure qualified and diverse representation in the Leadership Lafayette offers financial aid for up to 50% of the tuition cost.
There is a prompt to complete the tuition assistance form within the program application. Candidates interested in tuition assistance must complete the form to be considered for assistance.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.