- The 2019 Leadership Lafayette application can be found online.
- Applications are currently available and are due no later than 5:00 pm on October 26, 2018.
- Candidates will be notified by email of their selection status by late November.
- The Leadership Lafayette programming runs from January 2019 through November 2019. A full list of program dates is below.
- For questions about the process, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Selection Committee is made up of a diverse group of Leadership Lafayette alumni who remain anonymous during the process. When the committee selects each group of 25+ participants, they:
- Place a premium on identifying those most likely to utilize the Leadership Lafayette experience for the long-term benefit of the community, and
- Keep a focus towards diversity to ensure broad representation from a variety of occupational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, as well as geographic areas and community interests.
Confidential applications allow the Selection Committee to gauge applicants’ prior involvement in the community.
- Review the Application Preview to begin preparing your application by gathering necessary documents and preparing your responses.
- Download the Commitment Statement. Review the policies, sign, and get employer signature.
- If applicable, write scholarship request letter to submit with online application.
- Complete online application. Pay $30 application fee via credit card before submitting.
Orientation and Happy Hour: January 10, 2019
Two-day opening retreat: February 10-11, 2019
9 full-day sessions: (Generally from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm unless otherwise noted)
- Friday, March 15, 2019
- Friday, April 12, 2019
- Friday, May 10, 2019* (Date is subject to change based on the Louisiana Legislative Session schedule. This day will be an extended day.)
- Friday, June 14, 2019
- Friday, July 12, 2019
- Friday, August 9, 2019
- Friday, September 13, 2019
- Friday, October 11, 2019
- Friday, November 8, 2019
Graduation: Thursday, November 15, 2019
Tuition for Leadership Lafayette is $2,000.
Selection to Leadership Lafayette is made without regard to an applicant’s financial circumstances. To ensure qualified and diverse representation in the Leadership Lafayette offers financial aid for up to 50% of the tuition cost. To request a scholarship, a request letter must be included with the Leadership Lafayette application. Failure to include a letter with the application will remove the applicant from consideration for a scholarship.
Please contact email@example.com for questions or more information.