- The 2018 Leadership Lafayette application can be found online.
- Applications are currently available and are due no later than 5:00 pm on October 27, 2017.
- Candidates will be notified by email of their selection status by late November.
- The Leadership Lafayette class begins programming in January 2018.
- For questions about the process, email email@example.com
The Selection Committee is made up of a diverse group of Leadership Lafayette alumni who remain anonymous during the process. When the committee selects each group of 25+ participants, they:
- Place a premium on identifying those most likely to utilize the Leadership Lafayette experience for the long-term benefit of the community, and
- Keep a focus towards diversity to ensure broad representation from a variety of occupational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, as well as geographic areas and community interests.
Confidential applications allow the Selection Committee to gauge applicants’ prior involvement in the community.
- Review the Application Preview to begin preparing your application by gathering necessary documents and preparing your responses.
- Download the Commitment Statement. Review the policies, sign, and get employer signature.
- If applicable, write scholarship request letter to submit with online application.
- Complete online application. Pay $25 application fee via credit card before submitting.
Orientation and Annual Meeting: January 18, 2018
Two-day opening retreat: February 18-19, 2018
9 full-day sessions: (Generally from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm unless otherwise noted)
- Friday, March 16, 2018
- Friday, April 13, 2018
- Friday, May 11, 2018* (Date is subject to change based on the Louisiana Legislative Session schedule.)
- Friday, June 8, 2018
- Friday, July 13, 2018* (Extended day: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm)
- Friday, August 10, 2018
- Friday, September 14, 2018
- Friday, October 12, 2018
- Friday, November 9, 2018
Graduation: Friday, November 9, 2018
Tuition for Leadership Lafayette is $2,000.
Selection to Leadership Lafayette is made without regard to an applicant’s financial circumstances. To ensure qualified and diverse representation in the Leadership Lafayette offers financial aid for up to 50% of the tuition cost. To request a scholarship, a request letter must be included with the Leadership Lafayette application. Failure to include a letter with the application will remove the applicant from consideration for a scholarship.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.